The FPI® process and its advantages:
- The FPI® process is a sequential molecular-separating membrane technology with emphasis on UF (Ultrafiltration) and NF (Nanofiltration) for industrial use. More yield, less waste and CO2.
- Creates sustainable products with higher quality and longer storage stability.
- The process takes advantage of membrane technology by releasing target molecules through a membrane with very little energy consumption by with an electric pump. This is a much more energy efficient method than many other similar technologies, such as evaporators, which are often diesel-powered or even coal. Membrane technology uses “cross-flow” and not “dead-end” filtration, which provides a more precise and energy-friendly (also climate-friendly since fish processing plants often use fossil fuels) separation of molecules.
- One of the technology’s positive effects is that it is used to separate proteins and oil residues in UF steps. UF steps is followed by NF steps which separate salt water and other small unwanted components. In addition, the FPI® process provides better storage stability for products (from eg. fish) without additives at room temperature. As a result, we get a much cleaner and more environmentally friendly FPI® product with longer shelf life.
- Increased energy and greenhouse gas-friendly production and lower costs with higher product quality for customers
- Increased sales opportunity for customer with finished product with increased functionality such as removal of salt / biogenic amines / fat / taste / smell
- Concentrate with over 90% protein content that creates a high value product in the market
Examples of what FPI® peptides offer to humans:
– Quicker restitution and improved balance with FPI®.
– Heart and blood circular advantagous effects of Shellfish FPI®.
– Less anxiety with natural COD FPI® than with chemisty.
– No taste or smell.
– Improved smoked salmon yield and rest raw materials (RRM) price with FPI®.
– Improved stockafisho yields and RRM price with FPI®.
– No special additives declaration.